Women, Livelihoods & FemTech
Transforming India into an Impact Economy!
Fill the form below to Register :
This event is over!
World’s Largest Impact Collaborative with 200+ leaders to shape India’s Impact Economy is excited to unveil the Top 10 Impact Investment ideas researched by India’s notable leaders from the Women, Livelihoods & FemTech Community. The ideas researched over an year by the impact leaders hold the potential to transform India into an Impact Nation and create profitable ventures. The GNDR Annual Impact Investment Ideas Book that has been curated and co-authored by 21 business, investment & non-profit leaders for the Impact Future Project (IFP) – India’s largest impact collaborative.
Facts which need our attention:
- Global figures indicate a mere 48.5% female labor force participation, 26.5% lower than men.
- Women’s jobs are 1.8 times more vulnerable to this crisis than men’s jobs. Women make up 39 percent of global employment but account for 54 percent of overall job losses.
- Globally, women earn 16% less in average hourly wages and 22% less in median monthly wages, with large variations between countries.
- Women make up more than 2/3 of the world’s 796 million illiterate people. Around the world, 132 million girls are out of school.
- The Global Hunger Index 2021 ranks India at 101 out of 116 countries
India has amongst the lowest female labor force participation rates in the world. Less than one-quarter (20.3%) of women aged 15 and older participate in the labor force as of 2020 (compared to 76.0% of men). Women account for only 19.9% of the total labor force in India.
Impact investing in businesses, working to generate profits alongside impact can help India achieve the SDGS. The ideas presented in the GNDR Annual Impact Investment Ideas Book can bring a monumental positive change in the lives of women in India and around the world.
Taking action now to advance gender equality could be valuable, adding $13 trillion to global GDP in 2030 compared with the gender-regressive scenario.
Responsible investment in advancing gender equality in India could increase national GDP by $770 billion by 2025.
Let’s bring #Impact into the lives of women in India and around the world.
Join us at this exciting session and interact with our IFP leaders to invest for a sustainable future and get ahead in the Indian Impact Revolution. See you at the event!
How to Join us:
The Log-In Link for the webinar will be emailed to you after registration. You are further requested to login a few minutes prior to the scheduled start of the event.
Date: 16 March 2022
Time: 03:00 pm to 04:00 pm IST
Log-In Link: This will be emailed to you after registration.